Monday, August 24, 2009

I Keep on Fallin'

Having a list of goals propelled me through the summer. Knowing what I wanted to do kept me from wasting time and feeling like I didn’t get the most out of my vacation. Students arrive tomorrow, signaling the beginning of fall (before Labor Day—ugh!), but before that happens, I want to share my fall manifesto. It’s quite a bit shorter than my summer list because I don’t anticipate having as much time on my hands…

--Prepare more food at home, eat out less. Invite friends over for dinner instead of meeting in restaurants.
--Use the farmer’s market regularly.
--Catch up with Debbie.
--Keep reading—do not let books pile up on nightstand.
--Attend a Gaelic Storm concert somewhere in North Carolina.
--Be a light in my work place.
--Have conversations about women’s ministry.
--Attend a Flyers game, completing a Philadelphia sports trifecta (Phillies on August 14, Eagles on September 13. Sadly, there is no Flyers game on October 12.)

1 comment:

  1. You've inspired me to write a manifesto...I love checking off and having a purpose!

    ReplyDelete