Friday, January 16, 2009

So What Happens Now?

I've considered starting a blog for a while, but any time I've given the idea serious thought, I've turned and run.  What will I talk about?  What will the purpose be?

The other night at Bible study, the ice-breaker question was posed, "If ______ had a blog, what would it be about?"  When it came to me, Holly suggested that I share my observations of the world.  Laura thought I could do some sort of biblical, feminine commentary on society.  Someone else suggested I tell funny stories about the gym where I work out.  

It is with much gratitude to my Thursday night homegirls that I am finally taking some faltering steps in the blog direction.  Hopefully, I will produce what they envision for me.  Hopefully, some of them will produce what we envision for them.  Emily's New England Girl in the South promises to delight, as does Laura's Accomplished Woman.

I'm going to resist the urge to define this blog at the outset.  I am going to let it evolve.

But, before I evolve, a haiku from the gym and tonight's hip-hop choreography class. 
Hip-hop humbles me.
I persist so I can rock
wedding receptions.

1 comment:

  1. You wrote a haiku about the Rush! Excellent start! Your blog is being bookmarked right now.

    ReplyDelete