It’s 11:00 on a Wednesday night. A DJ is playing beach music and 80’s classics. As the theme from Footloose is cranking, games of wall ball, four square and corn hole are being played. People are milling about, some are sitting in tents, while yet others read.
Tabitha has just returned from brushing her teeth with her finger. I was interrupted while writing this to participate in the Cupid Shuffle.

Kara got her picture taken with an elderly gentleman in a cow hat. We’ve been together since before 5 this morning.
We are waiting for a new Chick-fil-A to open. Kara and Tabitha were randomly chosen to be one of the first 100 people to dine here, a distinction that will provide them with 52 coupons for a free #1 combo, a t-shirt, and a great story to tell about the day we spent in the parking lot.

Tabitha’s friend Beth (aka Guest of #30) and I (aka Guest of #41) have been treated equally well by the new restaurant crew.

We’ve all enjoyed free meals (a chicken biscuit, a Chick-fil-A sandwich, and a dinner of our choice). We took a behind-the-scenes tour—during the frenzied dinner hour—and we’ve played a few games organized by the marketing team.
A police offer is patrolling, Styrofoam cup in hand, making sure that no one without a wristband is lurking. Interlopers are sent away with a coupon for a free sandwich. Throughout the day, others have wandered the parking lot. At one point, the young employees came out and chatted with us, along with several managers and owners. Truett Cathy’s son Dan was here, and of course, there has been a cow on the premises.
My mother just called to tell me they saw me dancing on the evening news.
As summer days go, this has been exceptional. Three free meals, plus an ice cream sundae. Good conversation and a fun, safe atmosphere. I’m already wondering when I can do this again and hoping my brother will be able to join—he would love this. Anyone would love this.
It's been my pleasure.
Aww - this post makes me kind of sad that I didn't stay for the rest of the adventure. Of course, those weren't my thoughts yesterday at 8am when I was headed back to bed for some more sleep. ;-)
ReplyDelete