Over on her blog, Katie has been sharing some wisdom from her grandmother. I suggested that Katie begin recording her own wise thoughts and sayings, but as she is a busy lady with a charming little son, I will go ahead and start the list for her. Here are some things Katie has said that have stuck with me, be it for their wisdom, their truth, or their humor.
On Sunday jogging: “We will start by running downhill. After all, it is a day of rest.”
On Philadelphia: “People in Philadelphia like baseball. I remember flying overhead thinking, ‘Man, that’s a lot of baseball fields.’” Special note: In October 2008, as I sat on my couch crying tears of joy for the World Champion Phillies, it was Katie who ran to my house, grabbed me in a hug and said, “I’m just so happy for you.”
Borrowed from her grandmother: “If you have the truth, you don’t need tricks.”
On motherhood: “I figure, if you’re not going to do it for the second kid, why do it for the first?”
On pastors: “We need to pray that our pastors would sense what we need from them.”
On humility (taken from our other blog): “And then, King Ahab, the one that Kings describes as the most evil man ever, humbled himself in the sight of the Lord. He turned his laughter to mourning and his joy to gloom and God saw and He changed his mind.”
On anger (also taken from the other blog and the book of James): “My sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry.”
I hesitate to post this tonight because Katie and I are going running in the morning and I'm sure I'll come away with some new gem from her. It is a beautiful thing to see how knowing God's Word and loving God's Word have grounded her in godly wisdom.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
9 years ago
ooooo that's a good one Joy. I need to stop starting my comments with "oooo" but I'm just really enjoying these!
ReplyDelete